Who we are
CNA is an organisation:
- based on grass-roots membership of regional networking organisations.
- committed to recognition and work in partnership with tangata whenua.
- takes the voice of the community and makes it heard.
- that is supportive, informative and dedicated to helping its members.
CNA is a catalyst for change by:
- monitoring government policy
- taking the pulse of communities
- ensuring proposed changes to legislation are informed, commented on and feedback is collected
- bringing this feedback to the notice of the Crown
CNA is a strong national office that is:
- a supporter and resource centre for its membership network
- a model of good governance on behalf of its members
- sustainably funded and professionally staffed
CNA is a connector that:
- informs its nation-wide membership and works well with other networks
- informs its members about what is happening at local and central government levels
- builds strategic partnerships with other organisations